I must confess....I usually don't eat the gluten-free, egg-free food I make for my kids. It has just been too hard to adjust to liking a new type of food.
However...I am trying and I have just reworked a recipe to transform an old favorite to a new, Gluten-free, Egg-free, Dairy-free, soy-free muffin. The results are amazing! Really....I eat these. They are delicious! This is a twist on one of Jessica's Seinfeld's recipes.
Here is it:
Pumpkin & Squash Chocolate Chip Muffins
1 cup canned organic pumpkin puree (or fresh)
1 cup yellow, summer squash puree (Steam chunks of yellow squash for about 7 minutes and puree)
1/2 cup turbinado sugar
1/3 cup grapeseed oil
1 tsp pure, organic vanilla extract
2 1/4 cups of Bob's Red Mill All Purpose Gluten-Free Flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp xanthan gum
1 cup gluten free, dairy free semisweet chocolate chips (I use Chocolate Dream Chips)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 12 cup muffin tin with unbleached paper baking cups.
2. In a large bowl, mix together the pumpkin puree, squash puree, sugar, oil and vanilla.
3. Add in the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt & xanthan gum. Mix thoroughly.
4. Mix in the chocolate chips.
5. Divide batter into the muffin cups.
6. Bake for about 25 minutes. Cool on a cooling rack. YUM!!